Involved in the Local & National Dental Community Meet Dr. Matthew Bistan
Dr. Matthew Bistan grew up in New Berlin, WI, and attended the University of Wisconsin- Madison for his undergraduate education. In 1997, Dr. Bistan graduated at the top of his class from Marquette University School of Dentistry and was selected as one of two general practice residents at the Zablocki VA Hospital in Milwaukee. While there, he received extensive training in oral surgery, endodontics, and advanced complex dental reconstruction.
In 1998, Dr. Bistan moved to Sheboygan, WI, and started his practice with Doctors Feider and Tiboris, becoming a partner in 2002. Recognizing that staying on top of new techniques and practices is important to his patients, Dr. Bistan continues to participate in many hours of continuing education classes in esthetic dentistry, sedation dentistry, endodontics, and restorative dentistry. He has studied at the internationally renowned Pankey Institute in Key Biscayne, Florida.
Dr. Bistan is very active in the dental profession, both nationally and locally.
Dr. Matt's affiliations include:
- Past-President of the Marquette University School of Dentistry Alumni Association
- Fellowship in the International College of Dentists
- Chairman of the Wisconsin Dental Association Committee on the New Dentist
- Member American Dental Association
- Member Academy of General Dentistry
- Treasurer of the Sheboygan County Dental Society
- Clinical instructor at Lakeshore Technical College
- Dental Advisor for the Sheboygan County Salvation Army
- Committee Chair for the Lakeshore Community Dental Clinic Advisory Board.
- Member of the Elks Lodge #299
- Town of Sheboygan Lion’s Club
When away from the office:
He enjoys the outdoors, golfing, and rooting for his favorite college team, the University of Wisconsin Badgers. Dr. Bistan is married to Dr. Jaime Marchi, a pediatric dentist in Sheboygan, www.justkidsdentalwi.com. They have a son, Aidan, and a daughter, Maya.